Welcome to my blog. Within my blog you will find my latest work as well as my life, family and passion for photography. What started out as a personal hobby has now grown into something that I want to share with others.

I have taken a few photo courses that has definitely increased my awareness of my camera and my surroundings. I am by no means the perfect photographer (yet), but am a lifelong learner and willing to push myself and my creativity.

If you would like to see more of my work, please go to www.mindywalliserphotography.com. If you would like to contact me, email me at mwalliserphotography@shaw.ca or call me at 403.478.2012

Thanks for dropping in.

Mindy



March 27, 2011

Big White - January 2011

I had a great opportunity when I went for a girls weekend to Big White in British Columbia. On the last day, I decided that I wanted to get some snowboarding pics in the terrain park. After a 45 minute hike up the mountain, I finally got to shoot some great photos of some very talented boarders.This was my first time photographing snowboarding, I was not really sure where I should stand to get the best angles. As the day, I decided that the best shots were of the boarders get big air off the highest jump. It was very exciting see these guys test their abilities (I am sure some of them were stepping it up a notch for the camera) but I did not mind at all.


 
 
 

The desire to reach for the sky runs deep in our human psyche.  ~Cesar Pelli

2 comments: